Friday 11 May 2012

Ill boy...

What a week...
Boy-o has been ill and properly so since last Sunday! It's taken until today for him to be able to stay awake for more than an hour at a time. This is the first time he's been properly ill since he came to us 14 months ago - so it had to happen sometime.

Last Sunday we went for a walk with our friends, 4 adults, 2 children, 2 dogs... it's the right ratio trust me. Boy-o had been a bit off in the morning, but we thought he'd be okay - and actually he was for most of the walk, then suddenly he went flat - M carried him for the last bit. We went to friends house for cake - which initially boy-o didn't want - should have been a clue. He did have some of my cake in the end.

We left them, and came home. Got in, sat on sofa at which he was promptly sick all over me. I love vomit... it makes me gag. We cleaned him up - gave him toast for tea, and put him to bed and thought nothing of it, as we thought tiredness and our old friend car sickness had come to visit.

When he woke up on Monday, he had a raging temperature which I struggled to get down for any length of time, all day Monday. He was less active than normal, but did start off trying to play as normal. However it was clear as the day went on that he wasn't well. Tuesday, he went to the Dr, who said he has a virus (we'd figured that out) but nothing serious. He spent Tues, Wed and Thurs sitting on our laps, cuddling and sleeping. He'd wake up for about 30mins, then drift off back to sleep. I spent most of Tues afternoon catching vomit on my hands - lovely not. On Thurs we managed an hour awake, and finally starting to eat again. Today - Friday - he managed a more normal day - although we spent some time cuddling and sitting, he did manage to walk for about 20mins on the moor.

I am glad he is getting better - this week he has worried us. But it has been wonderful to sit and cuddle and be able to look after him - building stronger attachments is good, but I wouldn't want him ill for anything. My poor, poor boy. I'm hoping tomorrow that he'll be back to 90%, and that come Monday we'll be back fitting fit.

No comments: