Monday 3 January 2011

2011...

I wish I had something inspirational to post in my first post of 2011; but apparently inspiration has left me...

We've spent the time since getting back from my parents just being together and trying to sort bits out. I now have a chest of drawers nearly full of clothes for a little boy. My cousin and my friend have been very generous; and whilst I need to check sizes on some of them; my drawers are nearly full! We've also been given more toys.

Back to work tomorrow, for 7 weeks; and then hopefully my adoption leave starts. 7 weeks today we will know whether boy-o will be our son or not. 7 weeks today a group of people will decide our future. In the meanwhile we have to meet boy-o's foster parents and the medical advisor. Those two appointments are fixed. We also hope that to meet boy-o's mum's social worker and the agency contact supervisor.

We have a list of things that we need to do; things that we ought to do; and things that we'd like to do. Next weekend we start working through the list. But we also know that there are some things that we can't sort out until after we've met his foster parents.

I hope that your hopes and dreams are fulfilled in 2011! I hope that ours will be too.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

you are invited to follow my blog

Happy said...

I love that my friends pass on clothing and such. It's such a savings! And I love the idea of "freecycling". I feel like I have the best dressed toddler on the block because of my best friend's daughter who a year older than ours :-).

Jessica Johnston-Myers said...

I've been looking for some new (or new to me) adoption blogs to follow and wandered over from Stirrup Queens. Hello!